Community Health Initiative for Youth in Nigeria (CHIYN) is a non-profit organization that promotes social-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. CHIYN is currently implementing with Heartland Alliance Nigeria in Niger State Nigeria in providing comprehensive HIV/AIDS and other STIs treatment to ensure past successes/achievements on HIV/AIDS programming in the state is sustained.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Facilitator (CF)
Location: Niger State
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and refer clients to the OSS for HIV/AIDS and STIs services.
- Fill appropriately client information in the forms provided for client enrollment.
- Community mobilization for outreaches and other engagement.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of best practices, lessons learned and results and highlight the success of community based comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care among key populations.
- Contribute to periodic data collection, analysis, report writing and work plan development in collaboration with other program units.
- Provide psycho social support and mental health, substance abuse treatment and referral services.
- Gender base screening and report cases of GBV
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Senior program Officer and Executive director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of SSCE certification
- Demonstrated familiarity with HIV/AIDs programming and intervention
- Must be a KP member.
- Must reside in Niger state.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good English, Hausa, Nupe and Gbagyi speaking skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word and excel usage
- Great inter-personal skills
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or project and use good judgement and decision making to execute duties and responsibilities
- Must exhibit high level of integrity and ethical values at all times.
Method of application:
Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) with the title of “Community Facilitator (CF)” as the subject of the mail in word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes on Friday 8th October 2021.
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CHIYN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: CHIYN does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.